Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My Favorite Open Source Software



I have found it helpful to carry around computer applications on a USB flash drive. I thought I would share some of the apps that I like. Most important is the web browser. I like Portable Firefox best. Other portable browsers I have used are Opera, Avant, The World Browser, Pocket K-meleon, and Portable Sleipnir. For music I like the Foobar2000 MP3 player and Screamer radio. Portable RSSOwl is a good news reader. I also use Spider Player and Evil Player. For photo editing I use Picasa, Photoscape, and Fastone Viewer. For screen capture I use MWSnap. For launching apps I use P-Start, uStart. For video I use VLC media player. And all of the software mentioned above is free. My favorite sites for downloading portable apps are: The Portable Freeware Collection, Softpedia, and PortableApps.com.


foobar2000 audio player

Firefox 2

No comments: